Sunday, May 22, 2005

 

Tips For Patients

This is a compilation of tips I have gathered that, if followed, would markedly improve doctor-patient relationships:

-You aren't being cleaver when you claim you are allergic to all forms of pain killers other than hydrocodone and Demerol. That trick is as old as Moses and won't work. You aren't going to back me into a corner regarding what to prescribe.

-Seeing me buy a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon at the liquor store doesn't mean I have a drinking problem, just poor taste in wines.

-Yes, I do find it suspicious that you drove 80 miles, and across state lines, to complain that you are in so much pain you can hardly walk.

-Just because you saw me at the county fair eating a hotdog doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite.

-You do know that I have access to the records of all scheduled drugs that have been prescribed to you for the past three years, don't you?

-Yes, it is illegal to see three different doctors a week for percocet prescriptions.

-No, cursing at me and/or threatening me with physical harm will not make that oxycontin prescription magically appear.

-When you wait until after office hours to call me at home wanting medications, don't think I don't know you're simply avoiding paying for an office visit.


-No, I will not give you general anesthesia before I remove your ingrown toenail.

-Please, don't wait until the end of a 15 minute office visit, while I'm exiting the room, to tell me about the crushing chest pains you've been experiencing.

-I hate checking your prostate as much as you hate having it checked.

-Over the phone, I have no idea what might be in your eye.

-If you're so inconsiderate as to call me at home at 1 a.m. to tell me about a rash that you've had for the past two weeks, don't act surprised if I'm short with you.

-No, I won't treat your dog.

-I don't care what Bobby at the feed store diagnosed you as having.
Comments:
My name is Monica Stone and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

I am 35 years old. Have been on Percocet for 7 days now. It did help the pain but the side effects weren't worth it. I'd rather have the pain.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
nausea, very itchy, racing heart, anxiety, flashing lights(almost hallucinogenic?), weird dreams, tiredness

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Monica Stone

Percocet Side Effects
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com