Tuesday, January 04, 2005

 

We are all beggars: This is true

The last known writings of Martin Luther are among his most profound. I used to be so caught up in the "faith versus works" argument that rages between Christians. Luther himself nuclearized this debate some 500 years ago with the protestant reformation.

Over time, I've come to see that we are naturally so lost to sin that we aren't even able to trust our own judgments without the help of the spirit. Once I recognized this, and put away my own understanding, all I could do was to come to the cross and beg for help. I'm just now beginning to understand how much I really and truly need God in my life.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com