Thursday, May 26, 2005

 

God's Will

I stumbled across this in the Gospel of Mark:

32And a multitude was sitting about him; and they say unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. 3:33And he answereth them, and saith, Who is my mother and my brethren? 3:34And looking round on them that sat round about him, he saith, Behold, my mother and my brethren! 3:35For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Now when I think of doing God's will I think of physical action, not sitting around in a circle as these people were doing when Jesus stated they were doing God's will. Surely not everyone in this multitude were sinless, and maybe even a few weren't very nice people. They did have one thing in common though, it appears they believed in God's son. This belief was enough for the author of life to call them brothers.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com