Saturday, April 30, 2005

 

The New Plague

Dianne Feinstein and Jim Talent have an article addressing ways to slow the production of Methamphetamine (spotlight: RCP). This is an issue that hits close to home. The area I live in is being ravaged by this evil drug. I see more and more people in the office/hospital because of the effect of this menace.

I should say that I see creatures that were once people, but are now little more than paranoid homicidal sore ridden skeletons. Just two days ago my life was threatened by one addict when I refused to give him a certain drug he wanted.

The two Senators want to restrict the sale of pseudoephedrine, the active ingredient in Methampethamine:

- Move cold medicine containing pseudoephedrine behind the counter.

- Limit the amount one person can buy to 9 grams a month -- that's the equivalent of 300 30-milligram pills.

- Require purchasers to show identification and to sign for cold medication.

This will help, but it's not enough in my opinion. I think pseudoephedrine should be made a schedule II controlled drug like Dexedrine and morphine. Schedule II drugs can only be obtained by prescription from an MD with a DEA #. This way the drug can be tightly controlled and monitored by the DEA just like the other scheduled drugs are.

That, or outlaw the drug all together. What's a few more runny noses if it will end this pox for good?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com