Friday, April 01, 2005

 

JPII

The Pope is near death. Not being Catholic, I never paid much attention to him. I have learned more about his heroism and grace over the past few weeks than my previous three decades on earth.

I was going to wax on about how terrible it is that Christianity has become so fractured, but realized that it really isn't the case. Go to any family reunion and everyone groups with their own clan or go to any thanksgiving dinner and everyone groups with their own blood etc. Beyond all of that we are still a family though. Maybe I'm being naive, but I think the same holds for Christianity as well. We're all brothers and sisters in Christ. That is where the similarities end however. But the Lord seems to like diversity and is big enough to accept the rosary or the revival, the Mass or the sunrise service as equally acceptable worship.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com