Friday, March 18, 2005

 

My Cholesterol

I've been on a very low carbohydrate diet (approx. 50 grams a day) for about six months now. I started in response to hypoglycemic episodes I was suffering after eating meals with a moderate to large number of carbohydrate grams.

After initially suffering withdrawals from sugar, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. I found that I felt a lot better. I also lost about ten (needed) pounds.

Today I had my cholesterol checked for the first time since I changed my diet:

Total Cholesterol: 209 up from 200
HDL: 54 up from 32
LDL: 146 up from 141
Triglycerides: Less than 50 down from 132
VLDL: Too low to read, down from 26

The HDL makes me very happy because it was running so low before. I have no risk factors (other than being male) so the LDL level doesn't really bother me.

Click here for recommended cholesterol levels.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com