Monday, March 21, 2005

 

It's Been 72 Hours...

...since Mrs. Shiavo had any food and water. I once witnessed a 93 year-old gentleman go without food or water for 13 days before he finally died, it was horrible. He was unable to swallow any longer and his family refused a feeding tube. We eventually lost peripheral I.V. access for fluids and the family refused a central line placement. He was terminal with Parkinson's and CHF and I understood the families thinking, but I don't think they understood what dying from dehydration would be like. They do now, and I'm sure not one of them would've wished that kind of death for themselves.

Sometimes I wish, more so as of late, that I'd had chosen a different career. Golf course maintenance keeps popping into my head. Why? I don't know because I don't play golf and have little interest in landscaping. I think the allure comes from the fact that there are no sick people at golf courses, and if there are, it isn't my responsibility to make them well. And I could go to work with a smile on my face knowing I would see scenes like this, or this.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com