Thursday, March 24, 2005

 

Fractured

Glenn Reynolds has written a piece about the possible fracturing of the Republican coalition between social conservative and libertarians:

Can this marriage be saved? Only if one of the partners -- and it's not the libertarian side -- realizes that its behavior is hurting the marriage, and decides to restrain itself.

Umm, I'm not in a marriage. My vote follows my beliefs. What worth is a party if they WON'T make exceptions to general rules to ensure life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all of us? I vote republican because thier platform is more consistent to my beliefs. If this changes, I will no longer vote republican. I have no party identity, I could care less what the name of the party is as long as they conform (mostly) to my beliefs.

What good is small government, free trade, low taxes and strong property rights when individual life and liberty are not protected?

So I say the libertarians need to quit missing the forest (innocent human life) for the trees (state's rights) .
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com