Sunday, January 30, 2005

 

Pearls Before Swine


Razorskiss has a post today regarding his clash with some secular blogs. He ends with this statement:

But anyway. The comments section is a gold mine of distortion and twisting of the Christian faith, incidentally. If you can stomach it. It’s some interesting stuff to look at, if you’re interested in seeing how people who hate Christianity think of us. It also gives you lots of links to other sites that are anti-Christianity.

What was I saying about “going out to defend"?

Here’s your chance. Get crackin.

I did follow the link provided and read the comment section. What I got from it is that they are people who have heard and understood the Gospel, but have chosen to reject it, even make satire of it.

I know that I'm supposed to tell the Gospel to the world, but if they reject it I don't believe that I have any responsibility to "evangelize" to them further. As far as defending the faith, these people don't appear to be threatening anything outside of good taste.

Paul went to Athens and told them of the Gospel on Mars hill. None chose to believe and, as far as anyone knows, he never returned. The heart must be made ready by God to accept the Gospel or it won't catch root, no matter how beautifully we deliver it.





Comments:
Depends. Some are actually vehemently anti-Christianity.

I don't particularly want to defend ON that site - but on the sites of people who visit that place.

If THAT is all they see of Christians, and Christianity, well...

Yeah.

Hey, I'm an apologist... it's what I do :D
 
I respect what you do and always like reading your thoughts. I just think that defending the Gospel from those who understand it (enough to make fun of it) but chose not to accept it, is an exercise in frustration.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com