Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

Acts, Just Like Me

The Primer On Church History post on Confessions of a Jesus Phreak has given me a new (and much needed) look at the early church and the apostles.

I see that the early Christians, many who had walked with Christ himself, were imperfect sinners just like me. I never saw them as perfect to begin with, but I always had this nagging thought that they had a better salvation than I did. That they had some kind of direct line to the heart and mind of God that is disconnected today.

I thought that Pauls statement in Romans and Timothy were simply words from a humble servant. Surely a great apostle who saw Christ himself never had to battle the natural man that is always wanting to go his own way, always wanting to sin.

I see now that he was simply dealing with the same problems I am now, he was just working out his salvation.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com